gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
11000 Posts in 1507 Topics by 1274 Members - Latest Member: kiras August 28, 2014, 06:19:23 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Print
Author Topic: Who is Watching Rift Besides Me and Wren?  (Read 17143 times)
CaptainBoots
Patron

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: February 23, 2011, 08:54:13 PM »

FWIW, I've kept an eye on the game for years now because one of my friends was a developer for a while.

I have been curious about one thing mentioned in some of the comics. Wren is often shown to be somewhat obsessively collecting 'glowies'. (the term used in the comic if my memory serves) I was curious if the Rift sparkling artifacts are a similar mechanism to what Wren was collecting.

My friends are going to be on Faeblight. (PVE-RP) I've got my CD digital download updated and ready to fire up tomorrow. I went with the 6 month sub as well because I'm confident I can get that much fun out of the game, at the very least.  Glanced through the posts here and didn't see which server OTG was going to join. I was figuring it was one of the two PVE-RP servers, but wasn't sure. I'm curious though. Smiley They did post the list of headstart server names and it looked unchanged from the beta list.

(and yes, I've pretty much abandoned LotRO at this point.)
Wren
Guru or Village Idiot

I have purple hair, and you don't.

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 23, 2011, 09:59:42 PM »

Heya,

Yep, the 'artifacts' in Rifts are my new glowies, hehe. I didn't get too involved with them in beta, but that will likely change.

OTG Defiant: Greybriar
OTG Guradian: Keenblade

happy day,

wren

I said don't ask no stupid questions, and I won't send you away. If you want to talk fishin', well I guess that'll be okay.
Brasse
Innkeeper
Administrator
Guru or Village Idiot

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 23, 2011, 10:50:05 PM »

And Cainne... EVERYBODY who is ANYBODY remembers you.
;-)#

Tha pen may be mightier than tha sword - but not me axe!
Gordion
Opinionated

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 03, 2011, 10:28:40 PM »

I remember Cainne, too!  The more the merrier, and I hope to be there eventually, too (but not as Boktok, probably as Gordion if I can).

Perhaps I'm overly paranoid thinking the game gods are conspiring against me, but I finally broke down and bought Rift.  So what happens?  After installing it, I get an error 2002, which turns out to mean that I neglected to register. Ok, fine.  I login since I created and account for the final beta, and begin the registration process.  Although you get 30 days free, you still have to select a payment plan.  I do this, then hit submit, and after a minute or so of what appears to be Trion authentication, up pops a "Page cannot be displayed" error.

*sigh*

As has been drilled into my head, never ever try to reload/resubmit a monetary transaction page.  So instead I attempt to go to the Account page and find that while I was registering they took the registration site down for maintenance.  Perhaps I'll see you all some day...  Roll Eyes

Edit:  I guess I should have complained sooner! As soon as I finished posting the message above, I figured I'd try registration and it worked!  Now I just have to download everything.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 10:36:34 PM by Gordion » Logged

Verix - Cleric on Fregion
Rasp - Assassin on Fregion
Gorem - Tauren Druid on Azjol-Nerub
merek - A Tale in the Desert
Banaticus
Newcomer

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 02, 2012, 03:02:16 AM »

Are you ok, Brasse? It seems like the website hasn't been updated in a long while and I was just concerned for you.
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx gfx