gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
11000 Posts in 1507 Topics by 1274 Members - Latest Member: kiras July 22, 2014, 10:45:08 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Poll
Question: How fast should Blizzard be releasing expansions?
Every 3 months
Every 6 months
Every 9 months
Every year
Whenever they feel like it

Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: What do you think?  (Read 8444 times)
Gordion
Opinionated

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2008, 02:26:42 PM »

If they do I would bet money they add a new heroic class the arch druid.

This resto druid sure hopes that doesn't happen, or at least until a few other heroic classes have been added.  I just have visions of a server being overpopulated with Death Knights when WotLK is released.  I'd hate for that to happen with Arch Druids--especially if they'd relax the race constraints.  Can you imagine a gnome Arch Druid???  Just mentioning it here will probably give me nightmares for a week.   Wink

Verix - Cleric on Fregion
Rasp - Assassin on Fregion
Gorem - Tauren Druid on Azjol-Nerub
merek - A Tale in the Desert
Perragin
InnMates
Guru or Village Idiot

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2008, 04:38:12 PM »

I hope you feel differently then, Perr!  I am looking forward to the many different 10 man dungeons we will have to explore, instead of repeatedly downing undead in KZ.  I hope the others from up in WI are interested enough to come back for a bit, too.

I suspect we will Tyr. But Blizzard is not our favorite game company currently Smiley I've seen turtles move faster, lol.

I've built my way up from nothing to a state of extreme poverty
Tyraenna
Leader of InnMates, WoW
Guru or Village Idiot

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2008, 08:30:09 PM »

Oh agreed.  They are THE SLOOOOOOW.  Hell by the time they put their game out we will have bought a house (hopefully)!

Blizzard has too much power to handle it appropriately or something.  Hire more people folks.  Tongue

Tyr
Kaid
InnMates
Guru or Village Idiot

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2008, 07:15:39 AM »

Hehe ya the slowness is annoying but beta seems to be moving a long at a good clip from what I can read now.

I think you will see a big burst of DK initially as we did with bloodelves and draenei and as you saw with them the number will drop right back down soon enough.

I think people are so starved for new stuff to do that most may make a DK to do their newbie area but will be working on progressing their mains mostly.

I am with thardin on the looking forward to 10 mans. At least this way it won't be a matter of you have one main choice and another if somehow you are insanely overgeared to go into it.

Sounds like the starter raid is naxx. I would be curious how that is handled 10 man because naxx is a huge freaking dungeon but a terribly cool one from what I hear.

I wouldn't worry to much about any other hero class showing up any time soon at the rate blizzard makes expansions it likely will be another two years after this one before the next comes out and frankly if they keep that pace I sure hope something else comes out from a company less slow.

Bearmug
Opinionated

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2008, 11:55:53 PM »

For me only problem will be that raidgroup I am meber of wants to do only 25 mans (well management does) while I would prefer 10 mans. I don't mind doing 25s, but I got the impression that management considers doing 10 mans as 'cheating' (seeing all the fights before rest of the raid).... meh, we'll see what happens, still lots of time before 80 Smiley.

Naxx will be different from old, purely cause noone can bring 5 tanks in a 10 man, and it is pretty hard to get them in 25 also. Boss horseman quit from Scourge and is now organising raids against Naxx, so they are down to 3 anyway Smiley.

It's all fun and games until a mage gets stabbed. Then it becomes hilarious.
Kaid
InnMates
Guru or Village Idiot

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2008, 07:33:37 AM »

I don't really see the 10 mans as much of a cheat for the 25 mans. You would have to change the fights a great deal for a 10 man group as opposed to a 25 man group. You may get an idea what kind of "flavor" the fight has but that is about it.

Hell if anything if I was a raid leader I would want my raiders to gear up as much as possible and due to the pace of actually getting gear upgrades in a 25 man dungeon running 10 mans for interim improvements for folks is no bad thing.

Last friday I managed to get into beta wee. I am not however going to do any of the new northrend content I am mainly concentrating on playing around with the DK to see if its a class I enjoy enough to try to level it to be a main or primary alt.

One thing from my beta experience so far even if folks really don't want to play a DK I still highly recommend making one and doing the DK intro quests. Its very very well done and very fun. The way the world progresses as you finish quest lines is excellent and I highly recommend it to anybody.

I am very curious if they will use that same mechanic elsewhere in the expansion.
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx gfx