gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
11000 Posts in 1507 Topics by 1274 Members - Latest Member: kiras July 29, 2014, 07:44:27 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Lots and lots of new info on wrath of the lich king  (Read 9445 times)
Gordion
Opinionated

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2008, 10:09:56 AM »

I was surprised to read about a new druid ability "revive" that is a non-battle rez.  Shocked

I guess I won't complain about it except that now I'll have to listen to other people complain about it.

Verix - Cleric on Fregion
Rasp - Assassin on Fregion
Gorem - Tauren Druid on Azjol-Nerub
merek - A Tale in the Desert
Kaid
InnMates
Guru or Village Idiot

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2008, 12:42:49 PM »

Frankly it never made any sense that a primary healer class did not have a normal res. Combat res is all fine and dandy but usaually with combat res you never want to use it unless its the "perfect" time which almost never happens.

Its long past time to give druids an out of combat res.
Bearmug
Opinionated

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2008, 12:08:08 AM »

The trainer stuff was like that in TBC as well you could work on outland recipes without having to max out to 300 prior. The last 10 or 15 points of any tradeskill of the current expansion always gets ouchy for price.

Actually it wasn't. You needed to get to 300 in JC, alch, enchanting, LW and BS, not really sure about engineering. Not to mention needing to make runed arcanite rod to make TBC rods.

It's all fun and games until a mage gets stabbed. Then it becomes hilarious.
Kaid
InnMates
Guru or Village Idiot

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2008, 06:17:25 AM »

Actually with leather working you can get recipes that kick in prior to 300 skill same with blacksmithing. I just raised up some characters through those skill levels recently and was kicking myself that I wasted so much time doinking around in the old world doing leather working when I already had the materials to make outlands level items.
Gordion
Opinionated

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2008, 01:30:13 PM »

I'm pretty sure harvesting professions allow you to learn the BC level stuff if your skill is 275 (so you can actually raise your skill higher than 300 by harvesting old world nodes).  Not sure what the player level is, maybe 50?

Bearmug
Opinionated

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2008, 11:39:11 PM »

I'm pretty sure harvesting professions allow you to learn the BC level stuff if your skill is 275 (so you can actually raise your skill higher than 300 by harvesting old world nodes).  Not sure what the player level is, maybe 50?

Harvesting in Azeroth gives you skillups till about 340, and you can get skill limit 375 at 275 with lvl 50, as is usual.

Actually with leather working you can get recipes that kick in prior to 300 skill same with blacksmithing. I just raised up some characters through those skill levels recently and was kicking myself that I wasted so much time doinking around in the old world doing leather working when I already had the materials to make outlands level items.

Lowest LW patterns are Knothide leather, Wild/Thick/scaled Draenish items, which are 300.
Lowest BS plans are Fel iron/chain, Fel iron rod and weight/sharpening stones, which are 300.

Can you point out a pattern that uses Outland materials but under 300?

Kaid
InnMates
Guru or Village Idiot

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2008, 08:11:11 AM »

Hurm I would have to go back and check but I know I was pissed that I was grinding out stuff in felwood for leatherworking and went to outlands and saw something I could have used instead I don't recall what pattern it was off the top of my head.
Bearmug
Opinionated

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2008, 02:27:41 AM »

Hurm I would have to go back and check but I know I was pissed that I was grinding out stuff in felwood for leatherworking and went to outlands and saw something I could have used instead I don't recall what pattern it was off the top of my head.

Well wowhead doesn't show anything Smiley. At least 350-375 is easier now since drums are honoured and not exalted, I had to level up on clefthide stuff: ~4 clethoof for leather, 40 leather for a yellow and ~2 yellows for skillpoint Cheesy.

Anyway, seems they are bringing stuff pre-expansion, in next big patch same as they did before BC (source. Except that they are including Inscription in, although you still can't learn JC without BC.

Gordion
Opinionated

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2008, 01:21:18 PM »

Thanks for the link to the official post.  I read what you wrote, then read what they wrote, and I still find it hard to believe.  It sort of makes sense, though, I guess.  With the talent changes in WotLK, this will give everyone time to learn how their new skills work so they can jump into the new content.  It's also cool that Inscription will be available earlier.

Kaid
InnMates
Guru or Village Idiot

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2008, 02:06:34 PM »

I think the reason inscription is working like this is because they want to add the big patch prior to the expansion so it can roll out more smoothly. With TBC they had two brand new starter areas perfect places to put new tradeskill trainers. In this expansion no such luck and you cannot expect a level 1 to travel to northrend to train up a skill so you wind up with them having to put the trainers in normal cities. Probably was just to much work to try to keep people from using it until the expansion.
Bearmug
Opinionated

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2008, 12:04:23 AM »

Well, pre-patch download started last week, and seems that WotLK is coming out on 13.11.2008.

gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx gfx