gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
11000 Posts in 1507 Topics by 1274 Members - Latest Member: kiras July 31, 2014, 08:42:56 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Poll
Question: Do you have plans to play hookie / take time off of work for the Nov 13th launch of WOTLK?  (Voting closed: October 31, 2008, 08:27:11 PM)
Do you even have to ask? - 5 (29.4%)
If my work schedule isn't too busy. - 2 (11.8%)
The thought has crossed my mind... - 1 (5.9%)
No, I'd rather avoid the virtual crowds. - 4 (23.5%)
No way, Blizzard took too long and I am boycotting their game!!! - 5 (29.4%)
Total Voters: 17

Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Admit it, gamers ...!  (Read 5176 times)
Tyraenna
Leader of InnMates, WoW
Guru or Village Idiot

View Profile
« on: October 01, 2008, 08:27:11 PM »

I am curious if WOW has become enough of a phenomenon to cause the same illness that hits soooo many people on the Monday after the Superbowl ... add your vote, and then share if there is something particularly unusual you are planning for this.

Me?  I just love that my job allows me flex time so that I don't even have to take PTO to do it if I don't want to! Smiley  Actually, I am not voting yet myself, as I need to wait and determine if I will be on a business trip those days or not.  Buggar. 

Cheers!

Tyr
« Last Edit: October 01, 2008, 08:29:13 PM by Tyraenna » Logged
Bearmug
Opinionated

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2008, 11:01:02 PM »

I am currently thinking if I should go to the store in the morning, or not even buy the expansion due to boredom.

And since the closest store is 2 hours drive away, I'd take thursday and friday off.

*flips a coin until he decides which answer to accept*

It's all fun and games until a mage gets stabbed. Then it becomes hilarious.
Perragin
InnMates
Guru or Village Idiot

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2008, 05:21:19 AM »

While I am looking forward to WotLK, I know how it will go. A couple thousand toons in the Northrend starter area, a few hundred more in the Death Knight starter area. I will play, but might keep working on my horde shardow priest or do some Outlands quests with my 70s to level up a bit. No rush, I have several days off in late November.  Wink

I've built my way up from nothing to a state of extreme poverty
Kaid
InnMates
Guru or Village Idiot

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2008, 06:29:23 AM »

I do plan on taking a couple days off because what the hell I have a bunch of pto left and its as good a reason to blow it as any. My plans would be during the day time try to get my DK in and out of the newbie zone as fast as possible. Since I have already done all the quests on beta I can zoom through it a bit quicker. Once out in the outlands I don't forsee to much of a problem ya there will be a lot of DK but there will be more people going right to northrend.

I may even use that time to go get my DK's mining and harvesting skills up to snuff to avoid the crush.

I have been in beta a while now but I have been a good boy and I have not even poked my nose into northrend so I am very much looking forward to seeing it when this thing goes live.
Tor
InnMates
Patron

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2008, 10:55:07 AM »

Job? What job?
ArmyAunt
Opinionated

My nephew wears combat boots.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2008, 02:59:51 PM »

I'm a stay-at-home mom most of the year (except tax season), so taking off work just doesn't happen. I did, however, pick the first option on behalf of my hopelessly WoW-addicted hubby. I imagine that we'll be standing in line in front of Best Buy two hours before they open like we were when Burning Crusade was released. I'm not sure if we'll be getting two boxes or just one, though. I've played WoW a bit here and there in the last year and a half, but I'm mostly hanging out in Middle-earth these days. I tend to show up in Azeroth just for the holidays.  Grin

Maewyn
Stealth
Newcomer

Lost Lil' Newblet

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2008, 01:18:24 AM »

I am spending so little time on campus this quarter that I don't need to take the time off. Of course, I get terrible lag right around the time folks in my server's time zone get home from work/school as it is... I am expecting the first few days of the expansion to be pretty bad. Maybe it'll slow down around midnightish...

Kaid
InnMates
Guru or Village Idiot

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2008, 06:45:02 AM »

At least unlike The burning crusade this time they learned their lesson that having all your antsy customers trying to hammer into 1 entry zone to a new expansion is a bad/dumb/silly idea. So instead of the fun of everybody and their brother jamming into hellfire this time around there are two starting areas borean tundra and howling fjord which have both a starter town for horde and alliance but also a entry level dungeon to explore.

Tyraenna
Leader of InnMates, WoW
Guru or Village Idiot

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2008, 02:40:29 PM »

I have officially put my PTO request in for this as I am no longer traveling these days.  Woot!

Tyr
Bearmug
Opinionated

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2008, 01:37:27 AM »

I put in request for 2 week vacation but I might be spending them in Germany instead with WotLK..... *bites nails*

And for WotLK I can only say...retri is finally fun (and not 'meh autoattack time till my potion is off CD due to 0 mana')
« Last Edit: October 16, 2008, 01:41:04 AM by Bearmug » Logged

It's all fun and games until a mage gets stabbed. Then it becomes hilarious.
gfx
Pages: [1] Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx gfx