gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
11000 Posts in 1507 Topics by 1274 Members - Latest Member: kiras April 23, 2014, 05:14:52 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: New instances  (Read 2476 times)
Merrieman
Newcomer

View Profile
« on: July 06, 2009, 08:06:58 AM »

Soooo, my daughter and her significant other and myself tried the new 3 man instance down in the Waterworks last evening.   Yikes!  It kicked our tookis.  All lvl 60 a Capt., LM and Mini.  Don't get me wrong it has some great puzzles and action.  Anyone else done this and able to offer some tips?  Cheesy

Merrieman

Those who don't read have no advantage over those who can't.
DancesInTrees
Newcomer

~ Emma ~

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2009, 06:19:36 AM »

How far did you get? What were you stuck on?

I ran it for the first time last night (LM, capt, Sith Lord RK).
Generally pull any levers / turn any wheels you come across.
A couple of the bridges only open for a few seconds so one person has to be ready to run across them while another operates the lever (seemed to be the same lever for both the essential bridge, and the one to the 12-mob HM room).
End boss is tricky, we didn't get him but were getting the hang of it - we ended up with us squishies standing with our backs to the column with the chests and the capt tanking him in the middle - I think it would have worked sooner or later but I was falling asleep :p. Have you worked out the levers in there?

I loved the instance - was in severe danger of jumping down just to see what was down there Grin
« Last Edit: July 12, 2009, 06:22:20 AM by DancesInTrees » Logged

~~ Emma ~~ Zanaria ~~ Keryn ~~ Amber ~~ Tassia ~~ Danessa ~~ Nydi ~~
~~ Snowbourn ~~ The Last Alliance ~~
Reginald
InnMates
I live here

Templar and Paladin of St. Ethelfred

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2009, 07:44:12 AM »

I've heard you need a Captain for that instance, do you think that a Guardian would work instead?  Or is it the Last Stand ability of the Captain that lets him tank better in that instance?

DancesInTrees
Newcomer

~ Emma ~

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2009, 01:57:04 AM »

Captain? No.

We ran it again yesterday with LM, Burg, Mini - first 2 bosses were easy, didn't do a HM room (why bother? I know you get extra IXP but they're tedious & you still get the elf-stone without). I ended up switching after a couple of fails on the last boss & we pulled it off comfortably with Burg, Champ, Mini (and my champ is woefully under-geared). Main prob with first setup was the burg wasn't able to grab aggro back each time after the knockback.

~~ Emma ~~ Zanaria ~~ Keryn ~~ Amber ~~ Tassia ~~ Danessa ~~ Nydi ~~
~~ Snowbourn ~~ The Last Alliance ~~
gfx
Pages: [1] Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx gfx