gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
11000 Posts in 1507 Topics by 1274 Members - Latest Member: kiras August 21, 2014, 04:57:10 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Print
Author Topic: Who is Watching Rift Besides Me and Wren?  (Read 17097 times)
Quinatan
InnMates
Guru or Village Idiot

I had purple hair once,but the cool-aid washed out

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2011, 06:58:42 AM »

Played beta and enjoyed it, fully plan on playing it when it comes out.
Prefer the defiant not a huge fan of religious zellots (but will go where the majority go). Dwarves are cute and all, but stampunk horses ftw.
Navith
InnMates
I live here

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2011, 10:25:02 AM »

Already done with Cataclysm are ya?

That was fast.   Shocked Tongue
Tyraenna
Leader of InnMates, WoW
Staff
Guru or Village Idiot

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2011, 05:22:17 PM »

While fun, Cata has just not activated my "Inner WoW Player" the way the other expansions did.  It is new but right now the time is ripe for a new game to capture my attention.

Tyr
Perragin
InnMates
Guru or Village Idiot

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2011, 06:33:46 PM »

To me Cata was a huge disappointment. I spent the last 8 months gearing up my high level toons for new content and that was done in about 9 days, AND I did not even play that hard! I spent the next 2 weeks already doing multiple dailies and got bored. I also think the obscene ramp up in stats was unnecessary as well. I think if you wanted to start over the 1-60 content might hold some interest but I've no desire to do that. I also disliked the removal of individuallity from characters. Rift resupplies that in spades! From my little bit of exsposure it seems they have taken the best of several games and incorporatred that. The only things I've yet to form an opinion on in the game are crafting and grouping. Two things I hope to resolve with my friends during the next beta!!!

I've built my way up from nothing to a state of extreme poverty
Navith
InnMates
I live here

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2011, 10:32:55 AM »

Well, thanks to Nvidia, I am in beta.  If I ever get an invite, I'll see how this is.

However, I am still very addicted to WoW.  It will take a huge game to pry me away.   Grin

All I can see from Rift so far, is rift opens, kill monsters from rift, rift closes.  Rinse and repeat.

I really hope I am missing something, because that sounds like the most boring thing ever, heh.

I'll reserve judgment for an eventual beta invite.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2011, 10:35:43 AM by Navith » Logged
Perragin
InnMates
Guru or Village Idiot

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2011, 06:40:18 PM »

Rifts are more like the public quests in Warhammer. The rest of the game resembles WoW and is the larger part from what I've seen. The rift openings while fun do seem optional, at least if the areas I have been so far...

Esri
InnMates
I live here

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2011, 09:21:09 AM »

The rifts are less "optional" if you are in a major invasion or an event -- if you don't take 'em out they WILL overrun the area making it impossible to quest there. 

The quests are quests -- the lore is pretty good.  There are some "just for fun" quests in the College area Silverwood that are quite well done.  Not the the new goblin starting area of Cataclysm fun, but fun nevertheless.  There's additional quest text available if you want it, but you can skip it if you don't. 

What I'm liking is the soul system.  While I have no doubt that the min-maxers will have the "best" combos figured out very shortly, the possibility does exist that you can create a unique character. Whether the min-maxers will allow you to group with them is another question. Wink

So far the only thing I REALLY don't like is that my tank wears a thong...  I keep submitting feedback on the issue everywhere I can, but I don't have much hope that the art department will take pity on those of us who think a tank in a bikini is stupid.  On the other hand, my rogue's leather armor is both attractive and not a bikini...

Life is hard.  It's harder when you are stupid.
Wren
Guru or Village Idiot

I have purple hair, and you don't.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2011, 05:11:53 PM »

I played and enjoyed EQ2 for a long, LONG time. At the end, all but two of my friends had stopped playing, and those two that were still playing were hard-core raiders and quickly left me in the dust. It was time to find something else. Since I'm all about the fantasy-oriented atmosphere, I started watching Rift. Now that I've gotten to play in all the betas, I am very excited for its release, and expect it to be my next game, much like EQ2 was for so long.

I did indeed join the Old Timers Guild (OTG), same guild that Bhinder and I had for LOTRO. They are on the Belmont server for beta. The guild poll they ran shows a preference for the Defiant side, though OTG has not yet announced which side they will support, or which server.

I hope that we can all play at least on the same server, if not on the same side. After OTG makes their announcement, I will send out a message on facebook to the many people that I know that have told me they are playing, at least for 30 days.

I have pre-ordered, and am on the six-month-at-a-time plan. I will hope to see you all in 5 or 6 weeks online in Rift. Smiley

happy day,

wren

I said don't ask no stupid questions, and I won't send you away. If you want to talk fishin', well I guess that'll be okay.
Perragin
InnMates
Guru or Village Idiot

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2011, 07:17:51 PM »

What! After all these years we may finally play an MMO togeather again! That seals it, I'm in for life  Grin

Quinatan
InnMates
Guru or Village Idiot

I had purple hair once,but the cool-aid washed out

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2011, 09:35:25 AM »

got this in an email, enjoy

VIP BETA KEY!

Many of you have asked for keys to get your guilds into the RIFT beta, and we hear you! As a special thank-you for subscribing to the newsletter, here is a VIP beta key that can be used 25 times. Now your friends can join the ranks of the Ascended for all remaining beta events. Post it on Facebook or your favorite forum! Tweet it! Shout it from the heavens! It's yours to use as you please.

6R7Y-NZMR-CXWT-EQWN-ZWHY

To Apply the VIP Code:

Go to https://account.RIFTgame.com to login or create a new account.
Click "Apply Code" on the left-hand navigation bar and enter your VIP key.
You're done! You will automatically be invited into the remaining beta events.
Wren
Guru or Village Idiot

I have purple hair, and you don't.

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2011, 11:09:37 AM »

I am now 10 minutes from being patched up and ready for the Rift beta 5! I don't think I listed my character names, so here they are, on Belmont:

Defiant: Wrenn

Guardian: Wren

Unsure which side I'll be playing more this time, since they are both within a level of each other and they are both mages. I thought I should experiment with making some 'roles' and stuff. And craft more.

If I don't get 'Wren' in live, I will be forced to spend way too much time tracking someone down and killing them.

happy day,

wren

I said don't ask no stupid questions, and I won't send you away. If you want to talk fishin', well I guess that'll be okay.
Perragin
InnMates
Guru or Village Idiot

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2011, 07:00:06 AM »

I too am all set. I will be using the name Thardin for my dwarf guardian. Not sure about definant. If I don't get the name I will repost but I BELIEVE I too started on Belmont...

Esri
InnMates
I live here

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2011, 01:00:50 PM »

I'm all patched up and will be in for a couple of hours at least every night this week.  Probably more this evening as I intend to skip the State of the Union. 

Life is hard.  It's harder when you are stupid.
Navith
InnMates
I live here

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2011, 02:37:57 PM »

Ok, so I'm in and playing.

It feel like EQ2 meets Warcraft with a touch of WoW.

The RIFT events are fun, and joining the public raid feels like a WoW pvp battleground.

I am still lost as to how to spend soul points wisely, and I don't know how many points you end up with, so training my souls is a little scary, since I don't want to train one really high, and find out the other 2 are worthless.

Info is hard to find (it is beta after all), and I have no clue how to chat, or guild, or anything.  I'll log in tonight and see what else I can find.

As for sides, I have no preference.  The "bad" guys seem to have a better storyline is all I have seen so far.

Theridon - Guardian - Level 8 Mage
Navith - Defiant - Level 7 Cleric
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 03:02:55 PM by Navith » Logged
Perragin
InnMates
Guru or Village Idiot

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2011, 04:31:39 PM »

Ok, I am:

Thardin on Guardian

Myrinda on Defiant

Wyck on each (testing mage classes)