gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
11000 Posts in 1507 Topics by 1274 Members - Latest Member: kiras July 28, 2014, 07:34:07 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Print
Author Topic: Who is Watching Rift Besides Me and Wren?  (Read 16925 times)
Wren
Guru or Village Idiot

I have purple hair, and you don't.

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2011, 10:59:45 PM »

Perr,

You were able to make the same character name for both Guardian and Defiant? When I tried to make a second Wren on the Guardian side, I got a message that the name was taken. I assumed that was because *I* had taken it, on the Defiant side. But maybe not?

happy day,

wren

PS--got a new video card, no crashes, Rift life is joy! I'm thinking I should tear myself away from the level 21 character and make a couple new ones, so I know what to make an alt. Smiley

I said don't ask no stupid questions, and I won't send you away. If you want to talk fishin', well I guess that'll be okay.
Perragin
InnMates
Guru or Village Idiot

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2011, 06:27:16 AM »

No, no. Stated badly. Wyck is a test toon name I'm using so he is deleted and remade quite often Smiley Just trying to see what I will like best in a mage...

I've built my way up from nothing to a state of extreme poverty
Navith
InnMates
I live here

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2011, 12:44:51 PM »

Well beta hooked me!

This is a fun game, and I can't wait for the next  beta event.   Grin
Quinatan
InnMates
Guru or Village Idiot

I had purple hair once,but the cool-aid washed out

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2011, 12:49:57 PM »

release is at the end of the month, not sure how many more beta events there are.
Perragin
InnMates
Guru or Village Idiot

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2011, 06:25:53 PM »

two more betas I believe, feb 4-6 and I believe 2 weeks later...

Kwee
InnMates
I live here

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 31, 2011, 08:43:00 PM »

Is anyone playing Rift with a graphics card less than the "minimum" specced NVIDIA GEFORCE FX5900?   I have  an NVIDIA Quadro4 980 XGL.  (It came in a used PC to replace my crashed one.)

The 980 underperforms the FX5900 but since this computer doesn't have a PCI-express bus, upgrading isn't really an option.  So I was wondering if anyone is successfully playing with a weaker card.

Thanks!
Navith
InnMates
I live here

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 01, 2011, 09:42:40 AM »

Planar War
Friday, Feb. 4, 2011 at 10:00 AM PST (18:00 GMT) through 10:00 AM PST (18:00 GMT) on Monday, Feb. 7, 2011

Levels 1-35

Telara is left in chaos as the elemental planes force their way into reality. The armies of Earth, Water, Air, Fire, Life, and Death launch devastating invasions through the rifts opening across the land. Beat back the invasions and eliminate the planar blight thatís eroding this once-prosperous world.

Play to win! Seal any rift and receive planar loot and you could be eligible to win an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 video card! Terms and conditions apply, click here for details. And In-Game Prize Packs will be given away to ten (10) select players who complete the objective!

Beta Event dates subject to change and/or cancellation at any time in Trionís sole discretion
Navith
InnMates
I live here

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 01, 2011, 09:43:08 AM »

You could win a new video card, Kwee!    Grin

Err, guess you'd need a new motherboard after that though.   Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: February 01, 2011, 09:55:02 AM by Navith » Logged
Kaid
InnMates
Guru or Village Idiot

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 01, 2011, 01:03:48 PM »

I am not sure about your vid card kwee but on my system my video card is getting a bit long in the tooth but it plays decently on high graphics and very well if I turn environmental shadows off. I like shadows as they make things look more alive but damn they are a fps hit.

They also have a lower resource renderer available for lower end cards so you can probably make it work on that system but no promises how pretty it would look.

Have to say though for a beta it is one of the smoothest least buggy betas I have ever tested and I have tested damn near everything to date.
Wren
Guru or Village Idiot

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 01, 2011, 09:47:09 PM »

So looking forward to Friday!!!  Grin

I said don't ask no stupid questions, and I won't send you away. If you want to talk fishin', well I guess that'll be okay.
Quinatan
InnMates
Guru or Village Idiot

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 02, 2011, 06:12:52 AM »

Has TOTG picked a side yet?  I don't particularly want to play to much in beta on the same side I plan on playing on live.
Perragin
InnMates
Guru or Village Idiot

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 02, 2011, 01:39:24 PM »

Are we going to join the OldTimers then? If so I'd like to put in my application so I'm hopefully accepted by release. I was accepted back in LoTR but that was a long time ago.

Quinatan
InnMates
Guru or Village Idiot

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 03, 2011, 06:36:12 AM »

We'll go where the wind blows, but I think the current plan was for breyna to lead a smaller innmates guild similar to the way the wow guild goes.  But wanted to make sure we are on the same server/faction as the OTG because some people are going with them.  You are welcome to do whichever you prefer.
Wren
Guru or Village Idiot

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 03, 2011, 10:05:56 AM »

I have some friends that will be applying to OTG, and I hope that all/most of my incoming gaming friends do so! However, they are not currently taking applications for Rift until it launches. When they are, I'll send out a message with URLs and stuff, along with their pros and cons.

Perr, since you were a member before, I believe when you go to the forums (from www.oldtimersguild.com) there should be a message there with instructions on how to become 'active' again. I had to do this after my membership from LOTRO lapsed. Once you are 'active', go to the Rift section of the forums. There will be a place to state your desire to 'transfer' to Rift. The leaders and officers all seem to be very good people.

OTG has not officially made any faction announcements, though Defiants are ahead in the polls, and that is the side that has been most supported throughout the betas. I suspect that a secondary Guardian guild will also be created. Unless OTG decides to make the Guardian side their main side, I will have Wren (my main) be a Kelari on the Defiant side. I'll make a dwarf on the Guardian side, but that character won't get nearly as much action.

For Beta 6 I will either play Wren (Defiant), Puchi (low level, Guardian), or make some new character (Flit, perhaps). Super excited that there might be a game to bring so many of my old gaming buddies together again!

happy day,

wren

Perragin
InnMates
Guru or Village Idiot

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 03, 2011, 01:20:48 PM »

Well, if you get the chance Wren, maybe you could see what name I used in OTG. I am old and forgot  Tongue I'm guessing it was Thardin or Kellen though. My main goal is to be wherever my friends end up. Glad to hear the Innmates will be in the same area as the OTG! I am willing to play either faction really, but will have a dwarf named Thardin if I get it. Otherwise I will post the other name if we choose defiant (Can't use Thardin there, it is clearly a dwarf only name, lol)

gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx gfx